Tuesday, May 04, 2010

the city of love

Last month I had the distinct pleasure of travelling with some old and new friends in the industry to my favorite city- Paris for a photo shoot. It was truly a dream come true for me!

Shooting took place over the course of two days. The first day I styled a photography seminar that was being put on by the talented Robert and Kathleen Trenske for a group of international wedding photographers. The shoots were coordinated by my friend, the ever creative Candice Dowling of Jubilee Events and a local wedding planner (and my new friend) , Kim Petyt of Parisian Events.

The second day of shooting Rob, Kathleen, Candice and I, along with our make up artist Masafumi and our model Segolene, took to the streets of Paris for a shoot inspired by the movie Amalie. We had an amazing time shooting in a quintessential Parisian cafe, in the metro and with a vintage car in the hills of Montmarte!

Below are some behind the scenes highlights of day 1 of shooting. We can't wait to share the 'finished product' with you!
my dear friend Sarah and the best assistant EVER!



Kim of Parisian Events, and I playing with accessories!

Candice of Jubilee Events and I selecting accessories for the shoot


Fluffing the gown for it's photographic debut!


The setting for Day 1 of the shoot. An incredible apartment with views of Eiffel tower. Candice created a stunning table scape on the roof top terrace!



Dressing the 'groom'...bow ties are NOT my forte!
The creative crew from Day 1 of shooting!


Here are some behind the scenes shots of me hard at work...

Styling our model Segolene in a stunning gown by Modern Trousseau

Masafumi touching up Segolene while shooting in the metro

Day 2- shooting in Montmarte

Day 2- Kathleen shooting Segolene in an adorable cafe


Thanks to Rob and Kathleen for an amazing opportunity! It was the experience of a lifetime! I can't wait for our next adventure!
xoxo , TWD

1 comment: